Everyone knows that colors affect our moods and feelings. The color also affects health. and child development color psycholody
Research & Innovation for Sustainability Center (RISC) has therefore studied the use of color that affects feelings, behaviors, systems of the body. as well as being used with different rooms To help choose colors that create good health. and promote health especially with the development of children in each age range It’s another simple way to make us healthier and happier.
Humans feel when they are perceived.
Will human feelings arise? It depends on the stimulus (light, sound, smell, taste, temperature or touch) and according to Fechner’s law, the intensity of external stimuli affects the level of human inner perception. The five human senses have different perceptions as follows:
home design for mental health Therefore, it can create stimulation through the eyes, ears, skin and nose to influence the residents respectively. and will see that the perception of the eye It has the greatest proportion relative to the body’s senses (the tongue is the non-design sense).
How do colors affect feelings?
What stimulates visual acuity is light. The human eye can see light waves in 7 different colors. Many interesting studies have shown that different colors influence the functioning of the nervous system, for example:
- Faber, B., 1950 found that light and color had a biological influence on plants. animals and humans The bright and warm colors stimulate the autonomic nervous system. This causes an increase in blood pressure, pulse and body temperature. and also found that research Blue is the perfect bedroom color. especially the room for insomniacs because it gives a feeling of serenity In addition, using the blue pill (placebo) as a sleeping pill is also effective.
- Chute, 1979 found that color is a component of human learning. The time spent viewing images to learn depends on the complexity and complexity of the images.
- Kow, 2010 found that the pink room calmed the mood. slower heartbeat Decreased stress and aggression Stay in the room for 15 minutes and remain calm for another 30 minutes.
In addition, there was also a study and dissemination of information by the Ministry of Public Health about the “color therapy” of Dr. Somkiat Sornpaisan, written in 2009, summarizing the effects of different colors. to the system of the body as follows:
- Yellow cures discouragement. The digestive system works better.
- Orange relieves depression, treats asthma.
- Red increases vitality. make red blood cells
- purple inspiring balance in the body
- Green relieves stress, lowers blood pressure.
- blue relieve high pressure
- Blue relieves lung disease.
It has also been found that color helps heal physical and mental ailments as well.
- hospital patient Should use light tones to feel relaxed.
- An autistic child who is flustered Avoid using warm colors in the room.
- Premature babies with jaundice Blue light will be used to bathe to help heal.
- people with high blood pressure Avoid using red in your home or office environment.
- People with frequent headaches use yellow
- people with headache or blurred vision, green
- A surgeon who wants to concentrate, not be distracted. will put on a gown and paint the operating room green
(Source: Professor Sriya Niyitham. Visual Art for Special Education. 2007.)
From the research results, it can be seen that Colors can stimulate different systems. within the body And this part, if we understand, will be able to choose different colors. To help stimulate the body’s work. and stimulate good feelings from the deep working of the brain as well which can match the colors to suit the activities in different rooms as follows
Summary of colors that influence perception and affect mood feelings and behavior
|red||The color is hot, looks rich, powerful, exciting.||Violent, exciting, strong, energetic, sultry, clearly visible, a color that makes it easy to get tired of the eyes. and stimulate the nerves the most||intense, exciting, strong, energetic|
|yellow||bright, bright, stressful||Stimulate eyesight, sensitive to human vision. It helps strengthen the nervous system and instill optimism.||A curious person who talks to other people. and easily adapt to different situations|
|orange||Excited, showing communication is the color of the activity||haste, stinging, anxious||stand out at the forefront|
|blue||Cool colors look calm, cool, mysterious.||Easy on the eyes, relieves stress||People are humble, humble, and prone to mourning. lack of confidence|
|green||Rest your eyes. Calm. Less powerful. Relax. Shows a new life.||Calm, cool, lively, helps the nerves of the eye Eye muscles relax from tension.||people trying to show their talent For those who do not like it, it may be that He is afraid of everyday problems.|
|purple||elegant, cool, mysterious||persuade children believe in superstition||Temperamental and sensitive|
|sugar||arid||solid and stable If too much makes me feel dry and lonely.||restlessness and dissatisfaction|
|black||fear, death, lack of energy||Mysterious, dark, gloomy, terrifying, death.||people who lack self-confidence looking down on life and don’t fight to be happy|
|white||clean, bright, peaceful, pure, healthy||Clean and pure, but when used in large quantities, it will feel dull, monotonous, and boring.||An ideal color that does not cause any nuisance and controversy.|
|sky||clean, bright, bright||Help the mind to be rejuvenated. It alleviates sadness and calms the mind while also slightly lowering body temperature and blood pressure. It relieves pain and makes you feel cool.||patience|
|grey||The sorrow, the cold, the fear, the gloom, the decay and old age, the near death.||Plain, neat, old, the color of compromise.||Likes to be rational and does not trust easily.|